Is Jerusalem in Africa?
Concerning Jerusalem being in Africa, that is impossible according to the Hebrew records. The book of jubilees chapter 8-10, details the land apportioned to Ham is indeed all of Africa (as it is called today) and the Sinai Peninsula from the west of the river in the Sinai peninsula called "Wadi el Arish" which is the biblical river Sihor [Joshua 13:3] going straight down to the red sea. Then the Atlantic ocean (sea of ma'uk and sea of Atel in scriptures of jubilees) surrounding it to the west, along with the Mediterranean Sea as it's border to the north which is called "the Great Sea" in the book of Jubilees.
And for Ham came forth the second portion, beyond the Gihon(Nile) towards the south to the right
of the Garden, and it extends towards the south and it extends to all the mountains of fire,(East Africa Rift
Zone) and it extends towards the west to the sea of 'Atel (South Atlantic) and it extends towards the west till it
reaches the sea of Ma'uk (North Atlantic)-that (sea) into which everything which is not
And it goes forth towards the north to the limits of Gadir,(strait of Cadiz/Agadir, Morrocco/Gades, Spain) and it goes forth to the coast of the waters of the sea to the waters of the great sea(Mediterranean) till it draws near to the river Gihon, (Nile) and goes along the river Gihon till it reaches the right of the Garden of Eden.
And this is the land which came forth for Ham as the portion which he was to occupy for ever for
himself and his sons unto their generations for ever.
See image below for visual aid of Ham's Lot:
By Ham's portion given him, it would be against prophecy and scripture for Shem's lot to be in Ham's. Canaan was cursed for going into Shem's lot. It would have been a transgression of the law for Shem to take any land in Ham's (Africa).
Thou shalt not remove thy neighbour's landmark, which they of old time have set in thine inheritance,
which thou shalt inherit in the land that Ahayah thy Alahayim giveth thee to possess it.
Shem's lot did not fall into Africa, but starts on the east of the River Sihor in the tongue of the Egyptian Sea, which is the Sinai Peninsula, according to Jubilees. So it would be against the scriptures if Jerusalem was in Africa. Interestingly enough, Sub Saharan Africa was where Canaan was suppose to go but never went according to jubilees 9:1.
And Ham divided amongst his sons, and the first portion came forth for Cush towards the east, and to
the west of him for Mizraim, and to the west of him for Put, and to the west of him [and to the west thereof] on
the sea for Canaan.
(Sub-Saharan Africa belongs to Canaan.)
The land of Israel is in what is called the middle east today. Shem's lot, according to Jubilees, is the Middle of the earth. The divisions of the earth was Europe, Asia and Africa, so the middle does mostly include what is known as the Middle East today.
And there came forth on the writing as Shem's lot the middle of the earth which he should take as an inheritance for himself and for his sons for the generations of eternity, from the middle of the
mountain range of Rafa, (Himalayas, Kunlun Shan, Tian Shan) from the mouth of the water from the river
Tina, (Ganges river) and his portion goes towards the west through the midst of this river, and it extends till
it reaches the water of the abysses, out of which this river goes forth and pours its waters into the sea Me'at,
(Sea of Bengal, Indian Ocean) and this river flows into the great sea.(Mediterranean) And all that is towards
the north is Japheth's, and all that is towards the south belongs to Shem.
And it extends till it reaches Karaso:(center of Sinai peninsula) this is in the bosom of the tongue which
looks towards the south.
And his portion extends along the great sea, (Mediterranean) and it extends in a straight line till it
reaches the west of the tongue which looks towards the south:(The tongue is the Sinai peninsula) for this sea is named the tongue of the Egyptian Sea.
And it turns from here towards the south towards the mouth of the great sea on the shore of (its) waters,
and it extends to the west to 'Afra,(Pharos island) and it extends till it reaches the waters of the river Gihon,
(Nile) and to the south of the waters of Gihon, to the banks of this river.
And it extends towards the east, till it reaches the Garden of Eden, to the south thereof, [to the south]
and from the east of the whole land of Eden and of the whole east, it turns to the east and proceeds till
it reaches the east of the mountain named Rafa,(Mt. Everest) and it descends to the bank of the mouth of
the river Tina.(Ganges River)
This portion came forth by lot for Shem and his sons, that they should possess it for ever unto his
generations for evermore.
Furthermore, one can confirm that Jerusalem is not in the land of Ham because Mount Zion and the prominent places in the region of the state of Israel today like the land of Lebanon and Bashan are accounted to be in Shem's lot, not Africa where Ham's children were allotted.
18. And Noah rejoiced that this portion came forth for Shem and for his sons, and he remembered all that he had spoken with his mouth in prophecy; for he had said:
Blessed be Ahayah Alahayim of Shem,
And may Ahayah dwell in the dwelling of Shem."
19. And he knew that the Garden of Eden is the holy of holies, and the dwelling of Ahayah, and Mount Sinai the centre of the desert, and Mount Zion--the centre of the navel of the earth: these three were created as holy places facing each other. 20. And he blessed the Alahayim of alahayims, who had put the word of Ahayah into his mouth, and Ahayah for evermore. 21. And he knew that a blessed portion and a blessing had come to Shem and his sons unto the generations for ever--the whole land of Eden and the whole land of the Red Sea, and the whole land of the east, and India, and on the Red Sea and the mountains thereof, and all the land of Bashan, and all the land of Lebanon and the islands of Kaftûr, and all the mountains of Sanîr and ’Amânâ, and the mountains of Asshur in the north, and all the land of Elam, Asshur, and Bâbêl, and Sûsân and Mâ‘ĕdâi and all the mountains of Ararat, and all the region beyond the sea, which is beyond the mountains of Asshur towards the north, a blessed and spacious land, and all that is in it is very good.
So we have the book of Jubilees which shows that Shem's lot does not go past the Nile river and the places mentioned in his land do not go beyond Ham's lot for our edification to know that Jerusalem is not in Africa. The land of Israel is known as the land of Canaan because Canaan, the son of Ham settled in that lot first against the oath that was sworn before Noah and the Holy Judge.
28. And Ham and his sons went into the land which he was to occupy, which he acquired as his portion in the land of the south. 29. And Canaan saw the land of Lebanon to the river of Egypt that it was very good, and he went not into the land of his inheritance to the west (that is to) the sea, and he dwelt in the land of Lebanon, eastward and westward from the border of Jordan and from the border of the sea.
Canaan resided in Shem's lot and did not go to his lot in Sub-Saharan and South Africa.
30. And Ham, his father, and Cush and Mizraim, his brothers, said unto him: "Thou hast settled in a land which. is not thine, and which did not fall to us by lot: do not do so; for if thou dost do so, thou and thy sons will fall in the land and (be) accursed through sedition; for by sedition ye have settled, and by sedition will thy children fall, and thou shalt be rooted out for ever.31. Dwell not in the dwelling of Shem; for to Shem and to his sons did it come by their lot. 32. Cursed art thou, and cursed shalt thou be beyond all the sons of Noah, by the curse by which we bound ourselves by an oath in the presence of the holy judge, and in the presence of Noah our father." 33. But he did not hearken unto them, and dwelt in the land of Lebanon from Hamath (Hama, Syria) to the entering of Egypt, he and his sons until this day. 34. And for this reason that land is named Canaan.
By scripture, Canaan dwelt in Shem's lot that went up to the entering of Egypt by the River Sihor in the Sinai Peninsula but Canaan's dwelling did not go into the land of Egypt (Mitzraim) to the west of the River Sihor because the sons of Mitzraim dwelt in that area of the Sinai Peninsula to the west of the River Sihor or the brook of Egypt (known as Wadi El Arish today) while Canaan settled to the East of the river:
And the children of Mitzraim are the Ludim, Anamim, Lehabim, Naphtuchim, Pathrusim, Casluchim and Caphturim, seven families. 22. All these dwell by the river Sihor, (Wadi El Arish in the Sinai Peninsula) that is the brook of Egypt, and they built themselves cities and called them after their own names.
Others of the Sons of Ham went into Shem's lot as well according to precepts. namely, the inhabitants of Sodom, Gamorah, Admah, Zeboim and the land of the Philistines (sons of Mitzraim who intermingled) who inhabited the Mediterranean coast:
23. And the children of Pathros and Casloch intermarried together, and from them went forth the Pelishtim, the Azathim, and the Gerarim, the Githim and the Ekronim, in all five families; these also built themselves cities, and they called their cities after the names of their fathers unto this day. 24. And the children of Canaan also built themselves cities, and they called their cities after their names, eleven cities and others without number. 25. And four men from the family of Ham went to the land of the plain; these are the names of the four men, Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboyim. 26. And these men built themselves four cities in the land of the plain, and they called the names of their cities after their own names.
And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha.
By precepts, some of the sons of Ham, sons of Mitzraim, and the Canaanites dwelt in the land of Shem against oath that was made when the allotments were appointed. Hopefully the precepts and visual aids according to scripture help in understanding some of the children of Ham did go to dwell in the lot of Shem but the land of Shem wherein is the holy mount Zion and Jerusalem is not in Africa, the land of Ham.